If you are single or not quite ready to have a baby, but you are worried that when you are ready it will be harder to get pregnant, egg freezing might be the right choice for you.
Table of Contents
- Get to know about ‘Egg Freezing’
- Egg Freezing Cost
- Who should consider the egg freezing package?
- What you can get from this package?
- Egg Freezing Payment Method
- The process of egg freezing package
- Egg freezing at Beyond IVF
- To learn more about Egg Freezing
Get to know about ‘Egg Freezing’
Egg freezing involves harvesting of eggs from the ovaries and freezing them to preserve them for future use. As a woman ages, egg quantity decreases and their quality declines, with higher risk of chromosomal abnormalities.
If you freeze your eggs when you are 30 and decide when you are 40 to have a baby, you can use the frozen higher-quality eggs to increase your chances of having a successful pregnancy and a healthy baby. If you are considering freezing your egg, we recommend you read this article.
Egg Freezing Cost
Egg freezing is a significant investment in your future children. At Beyond IVF the cost starts at 89,900 baht (discounted from 134,000 baht) and includes:
- Ovarian stimulation medication (1,500 IU)
- Medication to prevent early ovulation (2 doses are included in package; additional doses will be charged separately)
- Trigger shot to mature the egg and force ovulation (1 dose)
- Two ultrasounds for egg monitoring
- One blood test to check hormone levels after stimulation
- All doctors’ fees
- Egg collection process
- Egg selection by specialist (based on quality)
- Preparation of eggs for freezing
- Doctor’s appointment the day before collection
Who should consider the egg freezing package?
Most women will appreciate freezing their eggs in case of a “rainy day,” whether that means a medical condition or procedure that can impact fertility or unexplained fertility down the road when you are ready to become pregnant. And even if you know you want a baby, but just not right this second—egg freezing might be the right choice for you.
You might consider freezing your eggs if:
- You know you want children later in life
- Your periods are irregular, putting you at risk for infertility
- You have a family history of premature menopause
- You are at increased risk of certain cancers or have been diagnosed with cancer that requires chemotherapy and/or radiation that can impact your fertility
What you can get from this package?
The first payment
Payment #1: 37,500 baht (paid on the day of ovarian stimulation)
- Medication for ovarian stimulation in the amount of 1,500 IU
- Medication to prevent premature ovulation, no more than two doses (if more medication is needed, additional costs will be incurred)
- One trigger shot to cause ovulation
- Two ultrasounds while ovarian stimulation is monitored
- One round of blood tests to check hormone levels
- All doctor visits during ovarian stimulation process
The second payment
Payment #2: 52,400 baht (paid on the day of egg collection)
- Egg collection
- Specialist to select best quality eggs
- Preparation and freezing of eggs
- Doctor visit on the day before collection
We will also add on:
FREE! No limit on eggs that can be stored
FREE! One year of storage
** Additional cost: Health screening before egg freezing, 6,500 baht
Egg Freezing Payment Method
Payment for the egg freezing package at Beyond IVF is divided into two installments according to the two processes:
- The first payment is due during ovarian stimulation
- The second payment is due during egg collection
At Beyond IVF we split the payment into two to protect our clients. If ovarian stimulation fails, you will not need to pay for any treatment beyond that. We only charge for the actual treatment that is performed. We want our clients to get the most out of their investment.
The process of egg freezing package
Step one: Meet the Doctor
One of our infertility specialists will ask you about your medical history and provide information and recommendations regarding egg freezing. Consultations are free at Beyond IVF, so feel free to make an appointment, even if you’re just curious about the process!
Step two: Physical examination
A vaginal ultrasound will be done to assess the uterus and ovaries, including blood tests to check your initial hormone levels. This allows our doctor to determine the timeline for the egg collection procedure and the dosage required for the stimulation medication.
Step three: Ovarian stimulation
Follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH) is injected to stimulate the ovaries and increase the size and quantity of eggs (also called controlled ovarian hyperstimulation). This injection must be administered in the abdomen at the same time every day for 10-12 days. This process replaces natural ovulation and uses medication to bring it on instead
Step four: Monitoring the eggs
Approximately seven days into the ovarian stimulation process you will return to see your doctor for a second ultrasound to monitor your response to the hormones. Dosage will then be adjusted if needed as recommended by our doctor.
Step five: Trigger ovulation
Once the eggs have reached the desired size (18-20mm in width) by approximately day 10-12, the doctor will administer a trigger shot to force ovulation, which typically occurs thirty-six hours after the trigger, leading us into the next step, egg collection.
Step six: Egg collection
Thirty-six hours after receiving the trigger shot, your doctor will make an appointment for egg collection, during which you’ll be sedated (twilight anesthesia) by a certified anesthesiologist. Vaginal ultrasound is used to guide a needle to collect the eggs individually from each ovary. There is no incision and one to two hours of rest is typical after the procedure before you’re allowed to return home.
Step 7: Egg freezing
Once the eggs have been collected they will be sent to our certified embryologist to screen for quality before being graded, prepared and frozen in liquid nitrogen at -195 degrees Celsius.
The process of egg freezing package
Nowadays you can freeze your eggs at any clinic or hospital, but when you go to big hospitals, the downside is that sometimes you have to wait months before you can get an appointment. This is different from Beyond IVF because once you’ve talked to the doctor and decided to freeze your eggs, the doctor will ask you to wait for your next period and then begin the process.
Why Dr. Ton? Because Dr. Phunsak “Ton” Suchonwanit is an obstetrician and gynecologist and an expert in fertility, with credentials from Ramathibodi Hospital that guarantee his knowledge and experience.
Furthermore, our clinic maintains the highest standards of cleanliness and safety, with a high-quality team always available to answer your questions and world-class technology identical to many big hospitals. You can trust that your precious cargo will be safe at Beyond IVF.
Dr. Phunsak Suchonwanit, a fertility specialist at Beyond IVF
Dr. Phunsak “Ton” Suchonwanit is our fertility specialist at Beyond IVF, with more than 20 years of experience supporting couples in their journey to becoming parents, with the following credentials to guarantee his expertise:
- Doctor of Medicine (MD) from the Faculty of Medical Sciences, Ramathibodi Hospital, Mahidol University, Bangkok, 1993
- Diploma of the Thai Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Faculty of Medical Sciences, Ramathibodi Hospital
- Reproductive Technology Specialist, The Royal Thai College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists
- Work training in assisted reproductive technologies (ART) at Boston IVF in Maryland, USA
To learn more about Egg Freezing
Egg freezing is one option for women who are not ready to have children but have future plans to become pregnant. Egg freezing is also an option for women who may not be able to become right now due to other circumstances.
If you would like to know more about egg freezing at Beyond IVF, please contact us on Line at @beyondivf.